Friday, January 14, 2011

What's Burdening You?

In my morning devotional this morning, this was my Bible verse:


The things that you carry are burdensome.
Isaiah 46:1

Um, ok God, I hear you! I needed that this morning, I really needed that this morning. I was carrying anxiety today. The kind that leaves a lump in your throat, makes you feel naucious, keeps you from sleeping and eating, and just makes you feel awful body, mind, soul, and spirit. The kind that is definitely not healthy for the beautiful babe growing inside me. The kind that keeps me from trusting the Lord and giving my problems to Him. The kind that belittles my husband by not trusting him as much as I need too. And I'm working on letting go of some trust issues of trusting God to provide for our family, waiting in Him to provide for our family, and not worrying about things that I have no control over.
But I just loved this verse. God wasn't asking us if we were carrying things that were burdensome, He was telling us that we are carrying things that are burdensome.

What are you carrying right now that is burdensome? Sin, Worry, Anxiety, Trust, Faith, your Lifestyle....

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that verse!! So glad you posted it. I really really hate anxiety. I go through it too. I have had several days now of really trusting and little to no anxiety and it is so refreshing. I am praying that my mind stays in the mindset of the TRUTH and not the lies. I will pray that yours does too!! :) (I'm writing that verse down too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This scripture has been on my mind all last night and today after reading it on your blog. My Bible's study notes has this to say about this verse:

    Those who had depended on the Babylonian gods Bel and Nebo loaded their idols onto oxcarts to be carried into captivity. Instead of being saved by their gods, they had to save the gods! In emotional language God reminded his people that he had carried them since conception, and he promised to carry them through old age. Only God can provide meaning, purpose, identity, and fulfillment. We truly begin to experience his loving act of carrying us when we let go of "our" things. But we are afraid-afraid God wil do a worse job of directing our lives than we can. Until we are willing to relinquish our tightly held will to control, we will continue to allow our fears to keep us from fully experiencing his care and deliverance.

    Love this!!

    ReplyDelete