Monday, January 3, 2011

Reading Goals

Somewhere, somehow, I fell off track of reading my Bible everyday.  And not just reading it, but desiring to read it, desiring to find what knowledge God could impart to me, desiring to see more of God's character and desiring to see how I could really work on myself.  It's been something I've been struggling to get back to but somehow I let life's "responsibilities" get in the way, as well as sleeping in, getting on Facebook, and whatever other excuses I have.

Anyways, as posted on my family blog, I really dont like resolutions at all, but have purposed myself to get into a daily Bible reading schedule again. Right now, my goal is to read a Psalm every morning before I go to work, and at least one chapter in whatever book I am studying at the moment before I go to bed that night. Right now, that book happens to be Romans.

I do enjoy reading my Bible and I do love to see what God has to say to me through His word, and I am really looking forward to this "schedule" bringing more joy into my time with God, more desire on my part to carve aside that time everyday instead of making time for it.

What does your Bible reading life look like? Do you have a set place, set schedule that you stick with?

1 comment:

  1. Brian and I have ONE YEAR BIBLES this year and have begun the journey to read through the Bible this year (along with our other study)! My goal is to do it first thing in the morning... Lord Willing!

    ReplyDelete