Friday, January 7, 2011

Surrender: From Casey

My friend Casey posted an awesome post this morning on her family blog, jcmfamily.blogspot.com, about surrendering things to Christ. I really think that God has an awesome way to telling us what we need to hear, or pointing us in the direction we need to be focusing on, and have seen Him do things many times in my life through my family and friends. This was one example where I really believe that God blessed me by not having Casey just keep her thoughts to herself and let her share them with everyone, because my heart really needed to be spoken too about surrendering.

Here's the definition of surrender:
Definitions of Surrender: a : to yield to the power, control, or possession of another upon compulsion or demand <surrendered the fort> b : to give up completely or agree to forgo especially in favor of another


And here's my list of what I need and am going to surrender to Christ daily:
  • my anxiety (my worries, fears, things that cause my heart to race, irrational thoughts)
  • our insurance situation (that I would trust God's timing, provision, and safety for our family)
  • my pregnancy (for good health, insurance, what's going to happen after)
  • work situations (that I would let God open and shut doors)
  • finances (being a better steward of our money and helping us live on less and cut debt)
  • marriage (that I would really seek God's goal and will for our marriage and seek to implement that)
  • parenting (that I would parent in a Christ-like way)
  • determination (that I would become a more determined person, harder-working in all things and less willing to admit defeat)
And once again, from Casey quoting the Bible, one of my favorite verses, Proverbs 3:5-6
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight.

What do you need to surrender to Christ?

1 comment:

  1. All praise to Jesus that what he spoke to me...or rather disciplined me with today could also speak to and discipline you:0. I love your heart for the Lord Laura and I love that you strive to be transparent even in blogging. I'm praying and believing for the Lord to work these things to pass in your life in Jesus name! I look forward to hearing how these things sort out in God's timing and way. You are a blessing!

    ReplyDelete